Project Summary and Scope
This project is a requirement of the CSO Special Order by Consent between the City and the Virginia State Water Control Board. The Project is one of two remaining separation projects in the CSO 028 Sewer Shed. This project includes the installation of some separate stormwater collection pipe, installation of some sanitary sewer pipe, the abandonment of a 30” combined sewer pipe in an easement on private property, and the deactivation of the downstream sewer regulator. This separation project will reduce the amount of combined sewer overflows in this area of the City thereby improving the water quality of the James River.
Information and documents authorizing, depicting or outlining details about the project, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Pending or adopted ordinances or resolutions.
- Ordinance No. 2015-264 – Utilities Agreement (includes easement documents)
- Ord. No. 2000-90-230
- Ord. No. 2001-108-93
- Written reports, studies, presentations or other materials prepared for the Council, the City Planning Commission, or similar bodies; for submission to state or federal regulatory bodies; or for the use of the employee or employees with responsibility for managing a project or an aspect of a project. DPU meets every two months with DEQ to review project status.
- Executed contracts with all contract documents, including contract modifications that make changes to, extend, or renew the contract.
- Procurement Documents (although drawings and details about the design are available from the Procurement office, these documents should be considered as protected by the Homeland Security exception and should not be shared unconditionally with the public. Anyone requesting access to these documents should complete and sign a FOIA request form with DPU).
Milestones for March - May 2017
- Installation of Manholes (MH): 9, 17, 18, 19,
- Installation of pipe: from MH 7 to 9, from MH 9 to 10, from MH E to MH 17, From MH 17 to MH 18, MH 18 to MH 19, MH 19 to Inlet-1
- Replace Inlet-1
Total project budget is $8,905,000.
Project Status Updates
Notice To Proceed – August 1, 2016
Contract Duration – 650 Consecutive Calendar Days
Contract Completion Date: May 13, 2018
Current Status: The Contractor has completed installation of sanitary sewer and stormwater pipe on the lower portion of Carlisle Ave. The cobble stone restoration has also begun on this portion of Carlisle Ave. The Contractor has completed sanitary sewer pipe installation on Orleans St (paper street), Northampton St (paper street) between Carlisle Ave and Goddin Street and is currently continuing with sanitary sewer pipe installation along Northampton St between Goddin St and Apperson St and along Goddin St between Northampton St and Union St. After these installations the contractor will move back to the upper portion of Carlisle Ave to install stormwater pipe between Northampton St and Union St.
Permit, information is listed below. For details please call the Department of Planning, Development and Review at 804-646-4169.
DPW Work In Street Permit # V007110-2016
Expenses (costs are reported quarterly)
RAPIDS Project # 102762 - Engineering
RAPIDS Project # 102150 - Construction
Costs to Date 03-31-17: $756,514.54
Project Contact Information, if you have questions about this project please contact this individual.
Performance Measures and Benchmarks
Technical details and schedule are reviewed at bi-weekly construction progress meetings between the Contractor, Engineer, Construction Manager, and the City's Project Manager.
Project Overall Status (Active, Pending or Complete)
Ordinance No. 2015-264 – Utilities Agreement (includes easement documents)
Ord. No. 2000-90-230
Ord. No. 2001-108-93