Project Summary and Scope
This project is a requirement of the CSO Special Order by Consent between the City and the Virginia State Water Control Board. The Project is one of two remaining separation projects in the CSO 028 Sewer Shed. This project includes the installation of some separate stormwater collection pipe, installation of some sanitary sewer pipe, the abandonment of a 30” combined sewer pipe in an easement on private property, and the deactivation of the downstream sewer regulator. This separation project will reduce the amount of combined sewer overflows in this area of the City thereby improving the water quality of the James River.
Information and documents authorizing, depicting or outlining details about the project, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Pending or adopted ordinances or resolutions.
- Ordinance No. 2015-264 – Utilities Agreement (includes easement documents)
- Ord. No. 2000-90-230
- Ord. No. 2001-108-93
- Ord. No. 2017-166 - Amendment No.1 of Utilities Agreement
- Written reports, studies, presentations or other materials prepared for the Council, the City Planning Commission, or similar bodies; for submission to state or federal regulatory bodies; or for the use of the employee or employees with responsibility for managing a project or an aspect of a project. DPU meets every two months with DEQ to review project status.
- Executed contracts with all contract documents, including contract modifications that make changes to, extend, or renew the contract.
- Procurement Documents (although drawings and details about the design are available from the Procurement office, these documents should be considered as protected by the Homeland Security exception and should not be shared unconditionally with the public. Anyone requesting access to these documents should complete and sign a FOIA request form with DPU).
Milestones for June - September 2017
- Installation of Manholes (MH): 27, 21, 22, 23,
- Installation of Inlets: Inlet 5, Inlet 3C, Inlet 3D, Inlet 3B, Inlet 3A, Inlet 3E
- Installation of pipe: from MH F to MH 27, from MH 27 to Inlet 5, from Inlet 5 to 48" MH, from MH 20 to MH 21, from MH 21 to MH 21A, fro MH 23 to MH 24
- Restoration of cobblestone road in Carlisle Ave between Northampton St (paper street) and Gilliam St (approx. 75% complete)
- Pave Northampton St, Carlisle Ave and Union St
Total project budget is $8,905,000.00
Project Status Updates
Notice To Proceed – August 1, 2016
Contract Duration – 650 Consecutive Calendar Days
Contract Completion Date: May 13, 2018
Current Status: The Contractor has completed installation of sanitary sewer pipe along Northampton St between Goddin St and Apperson St (paving completed), along Goddin St between Northampton St and Union St. (paving underway), along Carlisle Ave between Union St and Tompkins St (paving completed), storm water pipe along Carlisle Ave between Northampton St and Union St.
Permit, information is listed below. For details please call the Department of Planning, Development and Review at 804-646-4169.
DPW Work In Street Permit # V007110-2016
Expenses (costs are reported quarterly)
RAPIDS Project # 102762 - Engineering
RAPIDS Project # 102150 - Construction
Costs to Date 07-31-2016 - $2,059,439.06
Project Contact Information, if you have questions about this project please contact this individual.
Performance Measures and Benchmarks
Technical details and schedule are reviewed at bi-weekly construction progress meetings between the Contractor, Engineer, Construction Manager, and the City's Project Manager.
Project Overall Status (Active, Pending or Complete)
Ordinance No. 2015-264 – Utilities Agreement (includes easement documents)
Ord. No. 2000-90-230
Ord. No. 2001-108-93
Ord. No. 2017-166 - Amendment 1 to Utilities Agreement