Project Summary and Scope
This project is required to maintain compliance with the treatment requirements of the City’s Waterworks Operations Permit. This project provides for replacement of the roofing cover system on the 55 million gallon finished water reservoir that provides potable water to the City of Richmond and portions of Henrico and Hanover counties. The existing 1970’s roofing system is nearing the end of useful service life and has structural deficiencies that warrant full replacement. The project will also make improvements to the basin inlet and outlet gates, install a mixing system, and replace aging piping and valves.
Information and documents authorizing, depicting or outlining details about the project, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Documents containing details about the project design are available from the Procurement office, however these documents should be considered as protected by the Homeland Security exception and should not be shared unconditionally with the public. Anyone requesting access to these documents should complete and sign a FOIA request form with DPU.
Written Studies, Reports, Presentation prepared for the other authorities.
Reinspect reservoir roof - November 2017
Award Design Task Order to Engineering Firm – April 2018
Project Design - April 2019 - June 2020
Bid & Award Construction Contract – Feburary 2020 - March 2020
Construction – April 2020 - May 2023
DPU Water Utility Enterprise Funds in the amount of $48,068,600. Funds for this project were appropriated in various years through FY2020.
Project Status Updates
Procurement of a design-build contractor was cancelled on August 2, 2017 due to the inability to negotiate a satisfactory contract with the proposing firm. Project is currently in the design phase for a design, bid, build delivery method.
- February 26, 2019 - Byrd Park Tank Roof Replacement Project Presentation to Museum District Association
- March 7, 2019 - Urban Design Committee recommened approval with conditions (see UDC 2019-09 for details)
- March 12, 2019 - Byrd Park Tank Roof Replacement Project Presentation to Carillon Civic Association
- March 18, 2019 - Planning Commission approval
- April 16, 2019 - Byrd Park Tank Roof Replacement Project Presentation to Byrd Park Civic League
- January 7, 2020 - Byrd Park Reservoir 1 North Valve 95% designed
- January 17, 2020 Byrd Park Reservoir 1North RFQ Processed
- January 21, 2020 Byrd Park Reervoir Tank Roof 60% design
Permit, information is listed below. For details please call the Department of Planning, Development and Review at 804-646-4169.
Virginia Department of Health Waterworks Construction Permit (once design is complete).
City Building Permit (once design is complete).
Expenses (costs are reported quarterly)
RAPIDS Project # 100272
Total expenditures as of 02/11/2020: $4,762,552.00 (includes $1,458,048 from prior remediation & inspection work).
Project Contact Information, if you have questions about this project please contact this individual.
Performance Measures and Benchmarks
Once construction begins details concerning technical details and schedule are reviewed at weekly construction progress meetings.
Project Overall Status (Active, Pending or Complete)
Authorized though adoption of City Capital Improvement Program - Water Utility.